Safeguarding is the most important function of the school. At Holy Family we are seeking to recruit a safeguarding manager who will co-ordinate and oversee our whole school approach to safeguarding.
The Safeguarding Manager works closely with the senior leaders in the school and leads a team of learning mentors who provide support to a range of students.
You may have a background in education, social work or welfare. You will need to be confident in investigating issues of child protection, making referrals to early help, social services, liaising with the police and working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
The present post holder has done excellent work in promoting safeguarding in the school and establishing effective systems and procedures. We want the next Safeguarding Manager to build on this work and ensure that the safeguarding of students and the support services provided to them are second to none.
We can offer:
- An excellent supportive environment
- Interesting and challenging professional work
- A term time contract with school holidays (2 weeks working in the summer holiday is required)
- Excellent professional development from a Gold Investors in People School
- The opportunity to work with other professionals across our community of schools.
It is not necessary to be a Catholic to apply for this post and applicants are welcome from all members of the community. The closing date for applications is Monday 25th September 2017.
Further information about the school can be found at: www.holyfamily.waltham.sch.uk
All completed applications should be returned to Mrs Fray, email address, email@example.com