Term time only
Salary: Scale 5 Point 22-25 £24,618 - £26,658 pro rata
(Actual Salary £21,147 - £22,900 Per annum)
(plus performance related bonuses and other benefits)
(Inner London Pay Spine, plus performance related bonuses and other benefits)
If you want to be the best, then you should probably join us
Students in our academy made more progress than in any other school in Hackney and made the best progress of any co-educational school in the country in 2014. In 2015 and 2016 students made exceptional progress with a Progress 8 score above 1.00, one of only seven schools in the country to achieve this. That is great news for our students, the academy and our community, but there is so much more that we know can be achieved and you can help.
We have a relentless ambition to deliver continuing success to the young people we serve. Our approach is based on very simple principles: clear systems and extremely high expectations. We focus on the development of our students, their values and ultimately their academic success. We maximise the impact of teaching by providing clear leadership, minimising bureaucracy and effective support that have tangible results on the quality of teaching and outcomes for our students.
We are looking for a highly motivated, exceptional individual to take on the role of Safeguarding and Child Protection Officer. You will be working with the Academy’s VP Achievement and Safeguarding, the Child Protection Officers and will be mainly responsible for the administration duties.
Main duties will include:
· Supporting and administering Child Protection cases, making referrals as directed by the Child Protection officers
· Monitoring the production, analysis and collation of data for CP registered students
· Working with parent/ carers, staff, students, and a variety of multi professionals/ agencies
· Representing the school in various meetings with outside services/ Agencies
· Tracking and analysing data and being able to support CP assessments
· Provide administrative support to all areas of Child Protection and Safeguarding
· To liaise with the Education Welfare Officer and Child Protection officers on a daily basis carrying out checks on students who are a potential risk.
· complying with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health, safety and safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting procedures
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to shape the lives of young people in Hackney. If you think you can help transform the opportunities for the community we serve then we would like to hear from you.
The City Academy, Hackney is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
For details about the role and how to apply please visit www.thecityacademy.org.
The closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 18th June 2018