Salary Range: £20,456 - £23,166 pro rata, 32.5 hours per week. Permanent position. Term Time Only + 1 INSET day
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, organised and efficient Safeguarding and Intervention Officer to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school community continues to thrive. The key responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to act as the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
We are looking for a resourceful and self-motivated individual who would ideally have experience of working with young people and their families, together with an enthusiasm for improving students’ inclusion at school. Previous experience of working within a school safeguarding environment would be a distinct advantage for this fast paced role.
Our ideal candidate will have
• Experience of working with young people and their families within the parameters of confidentiality (essential)
• Previous experience of working within a school setting (desirable)
• Previous experience of working with safeguarding software (desirable)
• Knowledge of the legal requirements surrounding parental prosecution for non-attendance at school (desirable but not essential)
• Experience of and commitment to inter-agency working (desirable but not essential)
• The ability to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills
• Effective report preparation and recording skills
For full details on this exciting role, please see the attached job description
We can offer you
• An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
• A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
• 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
• Well-resourced classrooms;
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our students and see for yourself. Please contact 01275 866799 and speak to Lorraine Coombs, Assistant Business Manager, to make an appointment.
Nailsea School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical questionnaire and satisfactory references.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ and once fully completed, please submit your application.
****Please note, we will NOT consider applications unless they are fully completed with an in depth supportive statement. Enquiries and information are available to all potential candidates; please see below****
Closing date for receipt of applications: noon on Thursday 23rd May
Proposed interview date: Wk comm Monday 3rd June