SAFEGUARDING AND WELLBEING FELLOW
Application date: Tuesday 22 April 2018 at 9.00am
Start date: Thursday 23 August 2018 (or sooner)
Contract type: Permanent
Contract term: Term Time Only (+ 10 days)
Mon – Weds 7.30am – 4.30pm
Thurs - Fri 7.30am – 3.30pm
Salary: SCP15 – 19 (dependent on experience)
Dixons McMillan opened in September 2014 with just one Year 7 cohort. In September 2016 we moved into our new building and we have close to 600 scholars on site. We will reach our full capacity in September 2018 with 720 scholars on site from year 7 to year 13.
We have very high expectations of staff, but we value them highly. We invest heavily in staff development and a growing school will offer many career opportunities in the coming years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate in the role of Safeguarding and Wellbeing Fellow to support our SLT, teaching colleagues and our scholars. The safeguarding of our students is of paramount importance.
- inspirational students who are fully supportive of our ethos of high expectation and no excuses
- a truly values driven culture based on a belief that everyone can and will succeed
- an opportunity to develop and grow as a professional through our personalised ‘Coaching for Excellence’ CPD programme
- the chance to join a supportive, professional and talented staff who always put student learning and experience first
- career development opportunities as a growing academy
The right candidate will be:
- a highly talented individual with a passion for helping children succeed
- aligned to the academy’s values and drivers
- focused on building strong professional relationships
- committed to contributing to our joyful school culture
- prepared to make a contribution to our co-curricular provision
- open to advice, coaching and development in order to develop their practice and progress their career
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.
More information about our vacancies and a downloadable application form can be found on our website: http://www.dixonsma.com/index.php/vacancies
We fully recommend potential applicants to visit the school before sending an application.