Salary - up to £22,617.27 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date – 12pm, Thursday 22nd June 2017
Interview Date – TBC
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a Safeguarding Officer to join their successful team.
Responsible for representing the College at external multi agency safeguarding meetings and creating new links with external support agencies, the ideal candidate will have experience in making referrals to external agencies including Police, Children’s Social Care, Adult Care Services, Housing and Mental Health Services. The successful candidate will also work closely with college managers and staff to ensure student safeguarding needs are paramount.
Main duties include:
· Provide advice and guidance on accommodation, housing and welfare benefits and supporting vulnerable students through the relevant procedures/processes.
· Play a key role in providing support to vulnerable students and adults including young carers, students living independently, Looked After students, Care Leavers and those at risk.
· Play a key role in monitoring the attendance of vulnerable students including CLA, liaising closely with curriculum staff to provide support interventions where required.
· Assist with administration of the College Bursary Fund with particular responsibility for the Guaranteed Study Bursary (for vulnerable students).
The ideal candidate will have:
· GCE A Level or equivalent
· 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
· Degree (highly desirable)
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.