Pastoral Team: Safeguarding Officer
Dates: Starting ASAP
Salary: OAT Grade 7 Points 26-30 (£29,636 - £32,878) pro-rata (term time plus 2 weeks)
Location: Gorleston, Norfolk
Contract Type: Full Time (37 hours per week)
Contract Term: Permanent
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and conscientious Safeguarding Officer to support our Designated Senior Lead for Safeguarding in leading Child Protection and Safeguarding at the academy.
Based in Gorleston, Cliff Park Ormiston Academy is a vibrant and happy 11-16 secondary comprehensive academy in the heart of Great Yarmouth. Our students are a fantastic group of young people, supported by a wonderful team of staff who are committed to ensuring continuous improvement in a positive “can do” culture. This mix creates an academy that is a pleasure to work and learn in.
The academy was recognised as “good” with “exceptional” features by Ofsted and achieves consistently positive examination results.
What we are looking for:
• Knowledge and experience of working successfully with young people in an educational environment; experience of working within the safeguarding area
• Strong organisational, ICT, personal time management and planning skills; strong Literacy skills
• Commitment to developing the full potential of all young people; has high expectations of pupil attainment, progress and behaviour
• Works well as part of a team; good interpersonal skills and a highly positive outlook; experience of working in partnership with external agencies
Why work at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy?
• An opportunity to join an ambitious academy at the heart of the local community.
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, both within the academy and via our sponsor Ormiston Academies Trust/Ormiston East.
Cliff Park Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced disclosure process.
Full details and an application form are available via the academy website – http://www.cliffparkoa.co.uk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st January 2020
Interviews: W/B 10th February 2020