Term-time only plus 1 week (40 weeks a year) role
Part-time hours will be considered
We seek to appoint a Safeguarding Officer for our College based in Twickenham. The Safeguarding Officer will be part of a committed and enthusiastic team of support staff, providing exceptional support for learning and teaching at our College in order to provide a world class education for our pupils.
The position will include administration and support in the following areas:
- Maintaining accurate filing of child protection records
- Assisting in maintaining child protection records
- Maintain spreadsheet of referrals and responses
- Setting up and running a Vulnerable Pupils Index
- Undertaking SPA referrals as directed
- Undertaking Level 3 safeguarding training in order to deputise for the DSL
- Taking minutes of safeguarding meetings as required
- Training in Early Help assessments
- Liaising with external agencies to arrange sessions for young people and TACs
- Attendance at TACs and CIN meetings as required
- Co-ordination of in house vs. external provision of mentoring / counselling
Please see the attached job description for further details of the role. Ideally, you will have experience of working in a school or with young people in a similar role.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th October 2017
Interview date: Week commencing 16th October 2017
If you want to become part of our team and would like further information, please apply using the attached application form on our website http://www.strichardreynolds.org.uk/recruitment Please email completed application forms to email@example.com providing the names of two referees and a supporting letter.
St Richard Reynolds Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will undergo appropriate child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.