King’s Hedges Educational Federation
Tel: 01223 518330 Fax: 01223 506014
Head Teacher: Miss S Merritt
Excellence Achieved Through Care, Creativity and Challenge
School Administrator to start as soon as possible
35 hrs a week
Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 4:15 Friday 08:00 – 15:00 Term time only plus 5 training days Starting salary Scale 3 point 14-17 Annual salary £13,169 - £14,315 dependant on knowledge and experience
We are seeking to appoint a highly professional, competent, confident, well organised person. Previous office experience and/or in a public-facing role would be desirable but not essential. The post holder will need to be conscientious and accurate. You should have a good telephone manner, welcoming nature, a good sense of humour and show initiative and discretion. You should have good ICT skills with experience of all main Microsoft office packages. Experience of the school systems, sims.net would be an advantage, although full training can be given.
Main Duties will be:
• Secondary receptionist
o To provide a professional interface between the school, visitors and families
o Respond to all enquires in person or on the telephone
o Administer pupil admissions and leavers for both school and Nursery.
o General secretarial duties for all staff
o Process assessment data on MIS systems for all year groups
o Operate and maintain reprographics equipment
o Assist Friday Club manager with application forms
o Fundraise for the school farm trip and other extra curriculum activities
Please contact Tracey Miller for an application pack or via email email@example.com. You can also download a pack from our website, www.kingshedgesprimary.org.uk/
Kings Hedges Education Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. Before you proceed with your intention to apply for a position or to support us please take full consideration of the following points.
• All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. You are required to disclose all previous criminal convictions and cautions on your application. Please contact the Head teacher to discuss further if you wish.
• You will be provided with an induction process and you are expected to engage with this monitored process.
• We will assess your knowledge of safeguarding by asking specific questions about this area of our role during the interview process and your answer to this question will form part of our decision-making process.
• Our safeguarding policies and procedures will be explained during your induction and on a regular basis;
• Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
• Kings Hedges complies with all guidance on Childcare Disqualification and we will seek further advice from appropriate bodies when necessary.
• Application forms must be completed in full. Please pay particular attention to your work history and inform us of any gaps in employment.
• Please ensure you state full details of your qualifications
• References may be taken up prior to interviews and any discrepancies will be addressed during the interview process.
Closing date – Friday 16th March 2018 9:00am Interview date TBC