School Administrator - Russell Square
Do you want to make a positive difference? Then look no further… join a vibrant and rewarding environment!
At Odyssey Education Group we believe what you do matters, and we want every aspect of a child’s education to really mean something..
Are you innovative and collaborative in nature then look no further and be part of an exceptional team who goes above and beyond to change a child’s experience of education!
We are hiring for a confidential, energetic and enthusiastic School/HR Administrator. This role is varied which includes the day to day running of the school reception.
Hours: 40 hours per week, All Year Round
- To be a first point of contact for for parents, children and other visitors to the school
- Full management of reception to include distributing/sorting mail, manage visitors log book, issuing security badges, escorting visitors, stationery orders, manage petty cash, oversee equipment (photocopier maintenance etc), health and safety
- Monitor registers and on a twice daily basis, call families where children are absent and send absence/lateness letters to parents with support from the school business manager as appropriate
- Administration of Group Intranet
- Maintain the Schools information system with pupil & family details.
- Ensure that all registers are up to date and follow up any unexplained absences
- Monitoring school emails and forwarding / answering as appropriate.
- Responsible for building/garden maintenance
- School journey and visit arrangements, including booking transport and accommodation, ensuring risk assessments have been carried out and appropriate insurance is in place.
- General administration to type correspondence or documents as requested by other members of staff.
- Organise interviews, meet and greet candidates
- Post jobs on Linked in/Indeed/TES etc
- Generation of new hire joiner packs
- Organise new starter induction sessions and prepare induction packs
- Liaise with IT team to ensure laptops are ready for new starters
- Keep recruitment tracker up to date
- Check all workers proof of eligibility to work in the UK prior to start date
- Monitor contractor end dates and highlight when these are due for renewal.
- Accurate HR administration of new starters within the company
- General HR administration duties
- Ensure all pre-employment paper-based employee records/electronic are accurate and filed on a regular basis.
- Contribute to and implement improvements to recruitment and HR processes
- Referencing/DBS Checking
- Administer/recording and monitoring of absence
Our aspiration at Odyssey Education Group is for our employees to continually reflect the diversity of our people which we believe is fundamental in helping our pupils be nurtured through their education journey. Odyssey Education Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No job applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender, sexual/gender identity, age disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are looking for experienced and passionate teachers to work in a non-conventional setting.
At Odyssey House School, the journey is everything!
With an innovative child-led approach, collaborative nature, and exceptional specialist team, we ...