The school's administration is based within Claridge House, an attractive building at the centre of the school. It houses Reception, the main School Office, the Head and management team, Bursary, Admissions and Reprographics departments.
The School Administrator is part of the team that provides administrative support to teaching and other staff, parents and pupils. The position reports to the Office Manager. The school runs over sixty residential trips and around 150 day trips and this new post will have the primary role of ensuring the smooth running of trips by supporting trip leaders.
The precise tasks for each trip will vary, depending on whether it is a day or residential trip and whether it is being organised through a company or independently by the school. Possible tasks include:
• Overseeing communications with parents and students e.g. providing information about trips, confirming places etc.
• Processing applications, collating copies of passports and accurately inputting data as required by airlines and travel agencies.
• Managing travel needs e.g. VISAs, List of Travellers using the British Council visa waiver for all non-EU passport holders if travelling within the EU, APIS list for airlines.
• Booking transport, accommodation, mobile phones, first aid kits.
• Ordering currency.
• Collating medical details for trip leaders to discuss with the senior nurse, thus ensuring that the trip leader has the correct information, all key issues have been discussed and a suitable first aid kit is provided.
• Provide the trip leader with a file with copies of all necessary documentation.
• Co-ordinate the management of the trip documentation so that the school has assurance that confidential data has been appropriately destroyed once the trip has been completed.
• Recording all trips in the school’s electronic trip management system.
The school fosters a collaborative, supportive and collegiate approach in all areas of work. The successful applicant will be part of the main office and wider administration team, and as such will be expected to provide a level of general support and cover for busy or absent colleagues as required.
In addition to this, as most of the administration for trips will take place during term time, the successful applicant will also provide administrative support to colleagues in other support teams e.g. Personnel, in the school half-terms and holidays.
Experience and Qualities
The successful candidate will enjoy working with others and will have excellent interpersonal skills.
They will be a very strong communicator, in writing, by phone and in person, used to dealing with a variety of individuals.
They will need to be confident in the use of spreadsheets (Excel) and information management systems with the ability to maintain accuracy even when workload is high.
Proven ability in planning and prioritising individual workload is essential.
Hours of Work / Working Pattern Requirements
It is envisaged that for the right candidate this will be a full time, all year round post, working 40 hours per week.
The salary for this role will be circa £23,500 p.a. depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
For full information, including details on how to apply using our online application form (found on our School website under Support Staff Vacanices), please download the attached job description.