School Admissions/SIMS Data Administrator – Peter Hills Primary School
Required from September 2017
Hours: Part time – 16 hours a week (term time). Flexible but afternoons preferred
Salary: 5 - (16 – 23) £20907 - £24738 FTE
Responsible to the: SBM & Headteacher
Closing Date: 21st June 2017
To be responsible for all administrative and organisation processes within the admissions procedures and related areas using SIMS database. In addition, to be part of the administration team providing high quality and efficient administrative service including covering reception as and when required.
- Knowledge and experience of using SIMS
- Deal with queries relating to all aspects of the admissions process by correspondence, telephone or in person
- Contribute to the development and procedures relating to admissions
- Reviewing in year applications and waiting lists
- Coordinating the transition process to Secondary School
- To be responsible for intake of students, arranging interviews, ensuring necessary forms are completed and records update
- Liaising with Local Authority, EWO and various external agencies
- Manage the on/off roll procedure and liaise with previous or future schools, ensure records and necessary forms completed and authorised prior to students being removed from school roll
- Attend student - parent meetings
- Responsible for collecting and collating student data
- Maintain up-to-date student/parent contact details
- Ensuring eligibility to study in the UK
- Be responsible for all aspects of computerised and manual student records ensuring records are kept up to date
- Producing reports and data when required
- Assist the Data Manager in completing and submitting census returns
- To assist in any area of administration ensuring the smooth running of the administration office and reception area
- Data entry and creating documents as required
- To carry out a range of duties in readiness for the start of the academic year
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required and to ensure the office is fully equipped and operational at all times
This is a newly created role and inevitably duties will develop and change. The successful candidate would therefore expect periodic variations to the job description.
An Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required.
Peter Hills with St Mary’s & St Paul’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.