A once in a lifetime chance to join and shape a school.
The Swanage School opened in September 2013 as a brand new 11-16 comprehensive ‘free’ school. We now have 300 students on role across years 7 to 11. Whilst popular, we aim to stay small, growing to a maximum of 420 students over the coming years.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Bursar/Business Manager to join our team. It is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to continue shaping our new school.
The Swanage School has been created on ‘human scale’ principles, which means that strong and genuine relationships – within school, with the local community and with the wider world – are at its heart.
Our vision is to provide meaningful, tailored and supportive education to young people and to enable the highest levels of attainment.
The school is genuinely embedded in the community and has forged links with community groups, businesses and charities in the town and beyond. These links have broadened and strengthened the education and life experience of our students.
The successful candidate will need:
- Knowledge and experience of managing financial and business services is essential.
- Experience in monitoring and improving systems and procedures.
- Evidence of strategic thinking and project management.
- Effective and developed interpersonal skills are considered essential as are well developed managerial, administrative and organisational skills.
We are offering the opportunity to:
- Work with a vibrant, motivated team to help shape a new school
- Be part of a school at the heart of its community
- Make a real difference to the learning and achievement of young people
- Benefit from a wonderful environment in which to express your passion and make your mark
- Work with a committed Governing Body supported by the wider community
If you have any questions about the school or the role or if you would like to arrange a visit to the school please contact Jacqui Wilson: email@example.com
The Swanage School is a Free School with its own terms and conditions that broadly follow National School Conditions. As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. A DBS check, proof of qualifications and a medical check will be required of the successful applicant.