Enfield Grammar School
School Business Leader
SM5 – Salary Range: Currently £56,661 - £59,403
Hours: 36 hours x 52 weeks per annum
Would you like to work at a school that has a prestigious past, a wonderful present and a beautiful future? Would you like to work at a school that was established 450 years ago with the responsibility of teaching poor children in the local area to read and write? Would you like to work at a school that has built upon this moral ethos, successfully educating and preparing boys for the world that awaits? If so, we’d like to meet you.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding School Business Leader into our Senior Leadership Team. We believe this is an excellent opportunity to take on a role that will make a real difference at Enfield Grammar School. The ideal candidate will have:
At least 5 years’ experience at a senior level in a professional administrative and/or ﬁnance, and/or human resources role, preferably experience of Academy or school ﬁnances.
- Excellent business management skills.
- Excellent numerical, report-writing and organisational skills.
- High level ICT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and management information systems.
- Experience of financial and accounting practice.
- Evidence of being able to improve and raise standards.
- Knowledge of audit requirements.
- Knowledge of key financial information (e.g. VAT, Education funding methodology, and contracting arrangements).
- Knowledge of new Data Protection Regulations.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Have experience of leading a team with enthusiasm, skill and decisiveness.
- The ability to think and act strategically.
- The ability to manage complexity and diversity.
- Tenacity, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
- A wonderful sense of humour.
Enfield Grammar School is an 11-18, 6 form entry, boys’ comprehensive and is heavily oversubscribed every year.
We are a Specialist Sports College and converted to Academy status in August 2011. We provide a secure learning environment for our pupils in a combination of modern and historic buildings. The School is situated in the town centre with easy access to London and greenbelt countryside and has its own large and attractive playing fields.
If you share our vision and have the drive and determination to make a positive contribution to the success of our students, then please do come and visit us. Please call (020 8363 1095) or email (email@example.com) to arrange a time to see the School.
Alternatively for more information about the School please visit www.enfieldgrammar.com.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For an application form (CVs are not acceptable) and job description, please download the details from the School website: www.enfieldgrammar.com
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Wednesday 24 January 2018
Dates for visit prior to sending application: Monday 15 January 2018 and Tuesday 16 January 2018
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 5 February 2018
Start Date: 16 April 2018 (negotiable)