Gosfield School is seeking to appoint a highly competent and experienced Business Manager to manage its administration and non-teaching departments.
The ideal candidate will have business and bursarial experience gained in the Independent School’s sector and will join the school’s SLT. It is desirable for the successful candidate to possess an innovative approach to the leadership of all non-teaching aspects of the School’s life in this exciting phase of its growth.
Reporting to the Principal and the school’s Governors, responsibilities will include:
· Financial management, budgeting, budgetary control and liaison with the school’s outsourced finance team
· Ensuring the school is regulatory and safeguarding compliant at all times
· Management of the school’s admissions and marketing team
· Management of the estates, catering and cleaning departments
· Management of educational support services
· Management of external contractors
· Preparing and delivering reports to the school’s Governors
· Lead recruitment and management of all non-teaching staff
Gosfield School was established in 1929 and is a small co-educational through school with pupils aged 2 – 18. Set in 100 acres of parkland in rural Essex close to Halstead, the school benefits from excellent facilities and currently has the largest cohort in the school’s 88 year history.
To receive an application form, job and person specification, send an email including your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Chair of Governors
Cut Hedge Park
Essex CO9 1PF
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 18th October, 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent duty.