Epsom Primary & Nursery School is recruiting for an outstanding School Business Manager to start November 2019 or earlier if possible.
STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD - COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM.
At Epsom Primary & Nursery School (EPS) ‘Every Person Shines’ as we nurture individuals talents and create an environment where staff wellbeing and professional development are key to our success.
Our Executive Head would welcome all potential candidates to visit Epsom Primary & Nursery School to get a full flavour of our environment so you can understand how you will be best equipped to flourish at our school. We look forward to hearing from you to request a school tour and have an opportunity to share our values and vision with you in person. If you would like to arrange a tour of the school, please telephone the school office and speak to Mrs Emma Scott, PA to SLT.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional person to be part of the Senior Leadership Team in this key role from November 2019 or earlier if possible.
Are you able to strategically lead the financial aspects of our school in a time of exciting educational change? The successful candidate must have:
• High level strategic, organisational, leadership and financial skills
• First class communication skills, both orally and in writing to a range of audiences
• The ability to prioritise and lead our supportive and enthusiastic finance/administrative team
• A problem solving and can-do attitude
• Develop excellent relationships with all stakeholder
• Provide support to the Leadership Team & Governors
• Committed to continual improvement at a strategic level
• Be an excellent 'public face' for the School, Nursery and Family Centre
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to take a central role in shaping the future development of our wonderful School and Family Centre.
• Hours: 32 hours per week (This can be worked over 4 or 5 days)
• We can be creative with the arrangement of the hours for the right candidate
• Weeks: 39 weeks per year (term time only plus 5 Inset days) plus 4 weeks (This can be worked flexibly in agreement with your line manager)
• Salary Scale Surrey S10 (£39,438 - £43,744) FTE
• Actual Salary Pro Rata from: £32,950 - £36,548
• Duration: Permanent
• Closing date: Wednesday 11th September 2019 (midday)
• Interviews: Monday 16th September 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response and will interview before the interview date. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
The Governors will also consider candidates working 30 hours a week on a year round contract.
Please note that this is less than the 36 hours contract due to the HR element being shared with the HR Manager.
We can offer you:
• An experienced full time Finance Assistant
• A friendly and experienced team
• A commitment to excellent professional development and wellbeing for all staff
• The chance to take a central, senior role in shaping the future of a School & Family Centre in an ever-changing educational climate
• Pride in our diversity and sense of community
• Supportive management and Governance, with ambitious expectations
• A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
• A very large staff team who are supportive and fun.
The interview process will include an In-Tray task, presentation and panel interview.
Full person specification and job description are available to download.
Epsom Primary and Nursery School is a growing and innovative school, with ambition and educational excellence at the core of its values. It is an exciting time to be joining the School, having recently expanded our Nursery provision and Two-Year-Old provision.
The school has excellent facilities including a high tech library and nurture room. We have an integrated Children’s Centre on site and currently have 600 children on roll. Our last Ofsted Inspection was in July 2019 and the report is due in September.
We are proud of our diversity and work hard to ensure that we offer an inclusive and supportive environment for all of our children. Our children’s learning, development and wellbeing are at the heart of everything we do.
We cannot accept CVs. This post requires an Enhanced DBS disclosure and all relevant safeguarding checks. Epsom Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We promote diversity and want a workforce, which reflects the population of our community.
To apply please:
1. Download the application pack from website
2. Complete the application form
3. Email to the HR email address: HR@epsom.surrey.sch.uk
4. Include the job title in the email subject
(Max one additional Word document for continuations sheets)