School Business Manager
Salary range: between 39782 and 42683
Pay details: M2 - pro rata salary assumes 27.5hrs/wk for 39 wks
Start date: As soon as possible
Are you ready for a new challenge? We are looking to recruit an aspirational/experienced Business Manager (SBM) to join Hobbs Hill Wood Primary School’s Senior Leadership Team. The school is well resourced and in a very strong financial position through careful management and creative income generation. There is the opportunity to manage a range of new projects financed by the additional income generation including a potential new sports hall. You will work closely within the SLT to shape the future of all non-teaching aspects of our school. Ideally you will have experience of working at SBM level in a school, leading and managing functions such as financial management, HR, Premises, Administration and Health and Safety. You will be supported in your role by an experienced admin and premises team and also business advisory services provided by Herts for Learning. The outgoing SBM has been completing a handover to admin colleagues and is keen to provide a comprehensive handover brief and be available to support by telephone if required.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate outstanding business and financial management practice working across a variety of budgets and settings;
- be conversant with school finance and budget software (school has RM Finance and HCSS budgeting software);
- have the ability to communicate and build effective relationships with all stakeholders;
- be an exemplary role model with experience of appraising and developing others;
- have experience of leading and managing teams;
- be able to think creatively to generate additional income for the school;
- have the confidence to challenge working practices to aid continuous improvement;
- be skilled in project management;
- be resilient, highly motivated and passionate;
- be up-to-date in their knowledge of current education policy and practice; and
- have a desire to improve the education of children.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- an experienced Headteacher and leadership team;
- a well respected outward facing school with strong links in the local community;
- dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic administration, premises and support teams;
- positive and established partnerships with our parents and the wider community;
- friendly, well-motivated children who enjoy learning;
- a well-resourced school with excellent facilities;
- a challenging and highly supportive governing body;
- a culture of continual professional development; and
- support from Herts for Learning Business Advisory teams.
The salary is Grade M2 £39,782 - £42,683 pro rata as the role is 5 days per week – 25 to 30 hours for Term Time only plus one week per year (the contract may be negotiable for the right candidate)
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed as soon as we are back from the Christmas holiday break; we would love to show you round our fantastic school! The Headteacher, Richard Haynes and Nicola Fulcher and colleagues are looking forward to meeting you. Call Nicola Fulcher on 01442 401222 to arrange your visit during w/c 6th, 13th, 20th January 2020 after our return on Monday 6th January 2020 or email email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 27th January 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 29th January 2020
Interview day: Monday 10th February 2020
Start date: As soon as possible – date negotiable
Hobbs Hill Wood Primary School is committed to the safeguarding of children and is a committed equal opportunities employer. Please note that our safeguarding requirements and practices mean we are only able to consider complete applications submitted using the application form – we are unable to accept CV applications. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and successful recruitment checks including satisfactory references.
Hobbs Hill Wood Primary School is a lively, caring, successful school where the staff, Governors and parents work together to maintain a happy structured environment in which all children are encouraged to achieve their very best, as they develop academically and socially. The school is well-resourced with many support staff and extensive facilities. The school has high standards of behaviour and achievement and there is an excellent relationship between all staff and pupils.
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com