35 hours per week, all year round
Brindishe Green School is a three form entry primary school for children aged 3 - 11 years in Lewisham (5 minutes from Hither Green overground station on the line from Charing X and London Bridge). Brindishe Green is part of the Brindishe Schools Federation and all three are ofsted outstanding, well resourced and well supported, successful local authority schools .
The successful candidate will need to have:
- good understanding of school finance and school finance management systems and experience at successfully managing a very large budget
- the ability to manage and supervise a large team and to provide excellent business management support
- experience of supporting and managing HR/ Personnel systems in school including safer recruitment, induction and safeguarding
- excellent organisational skills and able to provide PA support for the headteacher
- experience in developing and managing health and safety procedures and supporting premises and facilities management in schools
We can offer you:
- excellent resources and working environment in a diverse, exciting community of children and adults
- strong and effective leadership, and the opportunity to lead and manage initiatives, innovation and change
- opportunities for professional development, and to work closely alongside colleagues doing the equivalent role in our partner schools
- an extended team of support, including a full time attendance / safeguarding officer, full time IT manager, full time housekeeper / purchasing officer, and two full time administrative / office staff
- regular and easy access to support from our independent finance adviser, Local Authority HR adviser and our H&S consultant.
The School Business Manager will support the Executive Head, Headteacher and Governing Body, in moving our three schools forward, successfully, together.
Application packs are available to download from this site, or our website www.brindishegreen.lewisham.sch.uk
Visits welcomed - please telephone the Headteacher, Sarah Gorbutt, on 07970646071 for an appointment so she is free to talk to you and show you around.
Please return applications by email to email@example.com followed by a hard, signed copy, to Vicki Paterson DBE at Brindishe Green School, Beacon Road, London SE13 6EH.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 5 Dec 2016
Interviews: Thursday 8 Dec 2016
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.