Lyngford Park Primary School is a forward thinking ambitious and exciting school, staffed by telented and committed teachers who are well supported by our able team of teaching assistants and support staff.
We need an exceptional School Business Manager to join our team. You will provide strategic leadership and management for finance, human resources, information systems, administration, health and safety, property and facilities management, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
Reporting to the Head Teacher:
- You will lead on the comprehensive management of the support services including ICT solutions; recommendation, planning, control and administration of the school finances; management and supervision of the site and site contract/contractors, including tendering and overseeing the work of contracts.
- Contribute to the effective deployment of whole school budget; provide advisory support services and assist in the development of the school's business plan and monitor and report on monthly budget updates to SLT and Governors.
- To work with a high degree of independance with LA and statutory regulations and policies.
- Be able to solve problems that arise by the identification and selection of solutions from a range of diversified established procedures and standards, utilising your experience.
- Have a broad authoritative knowledge and extensive practical experience of similar finance and/or office administration background with which to influence decisions and communicate to the Headteacher and the Governing Body.
- Be responsible for the line management of a team covering all administrative and premises duties.
Successful candidates will have:
- A strong financial/administrative management background, ideally within a school/educational setting.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational and problem solving skills, with an ability to work under pressure and prioritise accordingly.
- Experience of dealing with HR issues including payroll administration.
- Good skills in IT, MS Office package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher) and working knowledge of school management and procedures including SIMS and FMS.
- A Certificate/Diploma/Advanced Diploma in School Business Management.
- The ability to lead a team, line managing staff.
We can offer you:
- Membership of a team where you will provide strategic leadership and vision making a real contribution to school improvement.
- An active and supportive Governing Body.
- Guaranteed continuous professional development (CPD)
- A school committed to consistent, sustained improvement.
This post may include the role of Clerk to Governors (this will be subject to negotiation).
Visits to the school are welcome, by arrangement. Please contact Sarah Loader, Headteacher, on 01823 284912.
If you would like to join our friendly, supportive team, please submit an application form together with you CV and a letter in support of your application of no more than 2 A4 sides.
Closing Date: 12 Noon, Monday 15th July 2019
Interviews: Friday 19th July 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and our recruitment and selection process are particularly rigorous in relation to child protection. You should be aware that aspects of the assessment process and interview will explore your motivation and suitablity to work with children.