We are seeking to appoint an experienced and inspirational School Business Manager who is forward-thinking with the passion and commitment to build on the impressive achievements of our school and act as a driver for further improvement. The post is of a permanent contract to start as soon as possible and will be an interesting, varied and an exciting balance of operating and developing the school’s finance, administration and HR alongside running the premises and overseeing Health and Safety.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Senior Leadership within a very collaborative working environment in which they will feel valued and can thrive and lead a team of 8-10 support staff.
To be successful, you will need:
- Extensive leadership, financial and HR experience as well as management of areas including Premises, Health and Safety, Administration and Facilities.
- To manage own time and workload effectively and have good problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail.
- A recognised qualification or a willingness to work towards a qualification with support from the school is an option e.g. working at national occupational standards (NOS) in business and administration and knowledge/skills equivalent to current national qualifications level 4-6 or the Advanced Diploma of School Business Management (ADSBM) or Director of School Business Management. A finance or HR qualification would be advantageous.
- The ability to operate strategically, lead, value, inspire and motivate others as well as demonstrate flexibility, teamwork and have a commitment to the school values and mission statement.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with different stake holders and service providers.
- The courage to deliver change and who can demonstrate significant past success.
Albion Primary School is a happy, inclusive and creative school where children thrive and where innovation, initiative and creativity are encouraged. Our children are exceptional and keen to learn and all members of our school community are valued.
- Well behaved children who have a love of learning at our school
- A friendly and supportive team with high morale who all champion children’s well-being
- A very well resources and attractive environment
- A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for the whole community
- Excellent professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- Excellent induction and a support programme for all staff new to the school
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive and vibrant community with excellent transport links
If this role sounds like the job for you and if you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact Sharlene Britton, our HR Advisor – email@example.com , to arrange a visit or an informal telephone conversation (02072373738) with our Headteacher ahead of making your application. When you visit the school, you will see first-hand our excellent facilities and feel how welcoming Albion is.
Closing date midday, Wednesday 8th December 2021
Interviews: Thursday 16th December 2021
Application packs are available to download from this advert, by email or from the school admin office.
Please DO NOT apply using the TES ‘quick apply’ form as your application will not be considered. We do not accept CVs.
The school is registered in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) as currently set out in the Data Protection Bill. The school is required to share some data with the Local Authority and the DfE.
Albion Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Albion Primary School is a Safeguarding school. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate checks and undertake an enhanced DBS and where appropriate to the post, a requirement to complete a Childcare Disqualification declaration.
Applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability regardless of sex, race, marital status or disability. Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria will be interviewed.
https://www.albionprimaryschool.co.uk/Our-Facilities/ - A drone video of Albion Primary School