This is an additional and exciting post that has been created due to the continued growth of this outstanding special school. The School’s Business Manager will be a key member of the senior leadership team and be responsible for:
• Financial Resource Management
• Administration Management
• Personnel management
• School Management Information systems
• Premises management
• Health and Safety
In addition the Business Manager will work very closely with the head teacher, support and influence strategic decision making within the school’s senior leadership team and will:
• lead and manage all school support staff
• support teaching staff in the development of additional business and work-related learning opportunities for pupils
• support the senior team in activities such as hosting visitors, tours of the school, off-site activities
• be school’s external visits co-ordinator
• support the senior team with whole school self-evaluation including data analysis
Therefore if you have:
• the ability and aptitude to successfully undertake all aspects of the role
• a genuine desire to work within an educational setting and be a key part of the team that makes the school the successful place it is
• a desire to know and understand our children and young people and want to work with us to support them to the very best of our ability
• excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence and willingness to work with the whole school community, and
• you are highly motivated, energetic and wish to become involved in all aspects of school life, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
What We Can Offer
The school is located just off Junction 9 of the M5. Both the main school building and the Post-16 Centre are new, attractive and spacious buildings being built in 2013 and 2017 respectively. The learning and working environments are second to none. In addition, the school can offer:
- Local authority pension
- Access to a on-site gym
- Mentoring for new/existing teachers
- Extensive CPD opportunities
- Opportunities for development and progression
- A challenging but positive and enormously rewarding work place
Alderman Knight Special School is an ‘Outstanding’ (2014) school catering for children between 5 and 19 who have moderate and additional complex learning needs. This includes children with Autism, social communication, emotional and speech and language needs. A small minority have more severe learning difficulties. Pupils’ have a wide attainment range. In the primary phase the majority of the pupils are working within P levels and KS 1 expectations. However, across the secondary phase, attainment can range from Y1 to KS3 expectations and pupils achieve a wide range of accreditations including Entry Level, Level 1 and 2 qualifications and GCSEs. Some students in KS5 have the opportunity to study Level 3 qualifications within the neighbouring secondary school. Unlike the majority of special schools, we can offer a mainstream model in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 with state-of-the-art specialist classrooms. Our Post-16 provision is a recent addition to the school, starting in September 2016.
If you decide to apply for the post we would like you to complete the standard TES application form and Supporting Statement. Please follow the online instructions. Please note Alderman Knight is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts will be subject to a DBS check, and receipt of two references prior to interview.
For further details please see school website www.aldermanknight.gloucs.sch.uk and/ or email email@example.com