Start Date: Early May 2021 Position: Full time Salary range: £32,000-£35,000 per annum depending on experience. Location: West Sussex
The school that’s trying to change the world to make it a better place, is looking for a new Business Manager!
A wonderfully friendly team in an exciting and dynamic wider company that believes in reforming education to make it better for children's futures, awaits the right person with proven leadership and project management skills to start early May at the latest (could be earlier start if suits).
The position is a varied and evolving role due to the recent opening of Atelier 21 Future School in Crawley, West Sussex. As the Business Manager of a small, progressive private school (currently 50 pupils rising to 120), your responsibilities will be to manage most aspects of school compliance, manage the maintenance team to look after our 19th century school building, and to work with the finance team to help manage the school finances. You will directly report to the Proprietor and Head of School.
More about the role:
The Business Manager will have control over creating and managing budgets for the school, seeking to reduce costs where possible, and most purchasing. They will be responsible for strategically planning and forecasting expenditure to meet the needs of the business, whilst meeting the values and vision of the school. Basic accounting experience would be an advantage but isn’t essential.
The Business Manager will confidently liaise with external agencies, suppliers and services to maintain smooth operations of the school and manage implementation of day to day policies, health and safety measures, fire risk management strategies, Covid secure practises and our fleet of three minibuses as well as other tasks.
The Business Manager is responsible for the upkeep of the school building and grounds, by managing a small maintenance team of 2, and will manage refurbishments and works required to be carried out throughout the school holidays.
The Business Manager is responsible for ensuring the school is always compliant in all areas with the local authorities and Ofsted, maintaining and updating all school policies and procedures.
Key skills and attributes required for School Business Manager:
• Strong passion and drive for project management with proven skills in this area.
• A strategic thinker passionate about strengthening all services and systems within the business.
• Previous experience and proven success of project managing and business management. School Business management is a distinct advantage.
• Has incredibly robust attention to detail and strong business acumen. Maintains professionalism at all times.
• Excellent people management skills, works well with others and has the ability to accept constructive criticism.
• Thinks critically and creatively and is a natural collaborator.
• Highly organised, communicative and personable.
• Thrive on working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Highly service orientated, striving to deliver a five-star experience to all children, parents and staff included in the Atelier 21 community.
• Has a great sense of humour and knows when to use it in the face of the changing priorities that is part of school life!
• Highly proficient in all commonly used software such as Word, and Excel.
What you need to do next:
Send us your updated CV and application form filled in electronically (attached), with a brief covering letter (one page max) to email@example.com. With it you must:
1) State clearly in the subject of the email the role you are applying for ie; School Business Manager.
2) Include in your short covering letter, your specific reasons for wanting to work at Atelier 21 School.
3) If you are not local to Crawley, you must let us know how you plan to manage your commute.
4) Make us aware of your available start date.
5) Please add all attachments on ONE email only.
Please note: If you have previously sent us a CV or a covering letter, you will need to resend them on ONE email attached again with your application form. I’m very sorry but we do not have the capacity to individually acknowledge every application. You will be contacted by if we wish to invite you to interview for a role which starts early May. Many thanks for your interest in Atelier 21 and best of luck!
Atelier 21 Future School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 14 years