We are seeking to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and highly skilled School Business Manager as part of our Senior Leadership Team. Reporting directly to the Headteacher the highly prominent job role will include financial accountability, income generation, strategic planning, contract management, responsibilty for support areas include estate management, health and safety, IT, HR, community, resources, and catering.
Testbourne Community School serves the rural town of Whitchurch and the surrounding area. It is within easy reach of Winchester, Newbury, Basingstoke and Southampton with good transport links to the M3 and A34. We are an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, and were graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2010. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’
The successful candidate will:
• have an accountancy qualification;
• quallification and experience in School Business Management;
• have excellent management and leadership qualities;
• be able to work independently or as part of a dedicated team of staff;
• have understanding of the tensions in school financial management and be able to advise the headteacher accordingly;
• be flexible. In return we:
• offer professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence;
• provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment;
• offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions;
Closing Date for Applications: Noon on Monday 4th June 2018
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 11th June 2018
We reserve the right to interview and appoint candidates before the closing date or scheduled interviews where applicable.
Application forms and a job description are available from the school website www.testbourne.hants.sch.uk or alternatively contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Testbourne Community School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks, along with other relevant employment checks.