Caretaker (BOA) - Richmond Park Academy and Kingsley Academy
Full Time, Permanent
£22,183 - £24,491 per annum
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
As we move into an exciting new phase at Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), the opportunity has arisen for a person with relevant skills and experience to join our onsite team at Richmond Park Academy and Kingsley Academy as our school caretaker (BOA). The key purpose of the role is to assist the Supervisor in overall school maintenance and health & safety across the premises.
As part of the role you will have to:
- Open and close premises and grounds to meet the routine and non-routine requirements of the building occupants.
- Be a principal key holder for the academy and attend emergency call outs as necessary
- Be responsible for your academy’s security, including the opening and closing of the academy on a daily basis, possibly including odd evenings, weekends
- Carry out in-house statutory testing as required and general maintenance tasks
- Take pride in helping to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, presentation and health and safety at all times
- Share our whole school vision and make a difference to the children and community we serve
- Communicate clearly
- Ensure all entry points, including gates, doors, windows and other security measures are working effectively and that any security issues are reported to the Building Operations Supervisor
- Be flexible
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More influence - As a Trust with 58 schools, the work of our support team directly influences the lives of tens of thousands of children.
- More opportunity for a national role - Our central team develops strategies and resources that support our academies nationwide.
- More connection - A chance to experience what’s happening within our diverse academies.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More ambitious, professional and passionate colleagues - All focused on delivering
This is a permanent contract and is due to commence as soon as possible.
Closing date: 19th December 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire they're remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the ‘Quick Apply’ button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part-time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
AET was established in 2008 and is now a national network of 57 primary, secondary and special academies. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive network of schools which span ...