Working pattern can vary depending on school functions but the core shift is from 1pm to 9pm each day. However, if there are school functions in the evening this will flex from 2pm to 10pm or 3pm to 11pm. Total working hours per week: 40
To provide efficient and effective caretaking support to Estates Bursar including ensuring the security and to directly line-manage the cleaning operations of the school which are provided by a third party contractor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for maintaining the security of the premises and its contents. Locking up of the school at night including lights and internal doors.
- Direct line management responsibility for, and supervision of, the cleaning service provided by a third party contractor.
- To undertake general porterage tasks as instructed by Phil Cunningham including setting up and clearing away furniture.
- To undertake general handypersons duties as instructed by Phil Cunningham.
- To control and monitor the provision and replenishment of cleaning consumables.
- To maintain appropriate records including intruder alarm logbook, repair orders, and heating system records book, carry out meter readings for the college.
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and College policies and carry out weekly fire alarm tests, and assist with evacuation procedures.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job as required by Phil Cunningham.
All applicants must complete the standard school job application form which can be found on our school website www.daneshillschool.co.uk/Vacancies Application forms should be completed and emailed to Phil Cunningham at email@example.com
The school operates a safe recruitment process appointment to the post will be subject to suitable references and an enhanced DBS check. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment