Join Scots Success
The Scots School Albury places our young people at the centre of their educational experience by providing challenges and opportunities that enable them to flourish as individuals, with others, and within the broader community. Our foundation as a traditional, yet modern place of education ensures our students gain from our experience and history through innovative pedagogy inspired by best practice.
Available for start by 1 June 2021– School Chaplain / Head of Service Learning
A rare opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced leader for our Pastoral Care / Service Learning program.
School Chaplain / Head of Service Learning / Pastoral Care - Maternity Leave position
Applicants for this role will ideally have
- A recognised theological degree or equivalent ministry training or Tertiary qualifications focusing on Leadership, Health, Wellbeing, or education (preferred) together with current NSW Registration or eligibility for NSW Teacher Registration
- Have a connection to the Uniting Church in Australia or the ability to be supportive of the Uniting Church in Australia and its values and the values of the Scots School Albury.
- Experience in education, faith development and wellbeing work.
- Proven ability to initiate Service Learning programs for the development of efficacy, hope and resilience.
- Experience in developing and implementing wellbeing programs for students (as a coordinator of students or team leader).
The School Chaplain / Head of Service Learning is a member of the Senior Leadership, Wellbeing and Co-curricular Teams; incorporating these roles into the overall pastoral care and wellbeing students and staff.
The School expects the Chaplain / Head of Service Learning to be gifted in the area of ‘practical theology’ and be able to bring to life the service-learning elements of their role.
The Chaplain as the Head of Service Learning will also develop and implement the school’s Service-Learning Program from K-12.
The Chaplain / Head of Service Learning also has a Teaching load of approximately 0.2FTE and is responsible for leading, developing and delivering RAVE to students in K -12 (supported by Learning Mentors in Year 7 -8 and 11 – 12).This aspect of the role enables the successful individual to be more connected with the student cohort and offers an insight into the everyday school life and culture for all our students K - 12.
How to apply for roles:
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia, and successful applicants must gain a NSW working with children check before they commence employment.
All teaching staff must hold current registration with the NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA). To find out more please visit http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/home
If you would like to apply for a vacancy, submit your current CV/resume and a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) that outlines how your qualifications, skills and experience meet the position description.
Please send it to email@example.com by the closing date.
Please note we only accept online applications.
The Scots School Albury is a Child Safe School and an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Scots School Albury
Albury NSW 2640