We are seeking a School Chaplain to join our team and support the faith, spiritual and pastoral needs of our students. This can include support and guidance about ethics, values, relationships and spiritual issues; the provision of student welfare; and enhancing engagement with the broader community.
The successful candidate will;
- contribute to and promote the development, alignment, attainment and review of the mission and strategic goals for Brisbane Catholic Education
- work closely with others to promote and develop student wellbeing, emotional resilience, positive relationships and a sense of community
- provide appropriate referrals for students in accordance with school approved protocols and processes
- promote positive partnerships within and beyond the school community.
Minimum requirements for applicants for the position of School Chaplain in a Brisbane Catholic Education school:
Qualifications - possession of either:
- a Certificate IV in Youth Work; or a Certificate IV in Pastoral Care; or
- an equivalent qualification; this certificate or equivalent must include a unit of competency in ‘mental health’ and ‘making appropriate referrals’ e.g. CHCCS422B (Respond holistically and refer appropriately) and CHCMH301C (Work effectively in mental health).
St James Primary School is a co-educational school with approximately 165 children. Our school is a close knit community that values relationships between staff, parents and children. Our school motto is: Learn and Act with Heart and Mind.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2020 school year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 2 days/wk (8 hrs/wk)
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 5 - $31.91 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Mr John Bates
Contact Telephone Number: 0438 339 703
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window