Applications are invited for a position as School Chaplain at St Martin's School, Carina. The School Chaplain operates as a member of a team to assist school communities to look after the personal needs of students through the provision of general spiritual and personal advice. This can include support and guidance about ethics, values, relationships and spiritual issues; the provision of student welfare; and enhancing engagement with the broader community. The School Chaplain contributes to the pastoral care of students and related wellbeing services offered by the school.
The School Chaplain will:
• contribute to and promote the development, alignment, attainment and review of the mission and strategic goals for Brisbane Catholic Education
• work closely with others to promote and develop student wellbeing, emotional resilience, positive relationships and a sense of community
• collaborate with other role holders such as the APRE in supporting the faith, spiritual and pastoral needs of students
• provide appropriate referrals for students in accordance with school approved protocols and processes
• promote positive partnerships within and beyond the school community
Minimum requirements for applicants for the position of School Chaplain in a Brisbane Catholic Education school: Contact the Principal for more information
St Martin’s Catholic Primary School is a co-educational school of 700 students situated in Carina. Our school aims to foster an environment based on the values and understandings of our Dominican heritage – Love Of Learning, Prayer And Contemplation, Justice and Peace with Inclusion of Others, Being an Individual, Care for All Creation, and Seeking Truth. We are a high quality inclusive Catholic school offering our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2020 school year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 2 days/wk - days to be negotiated (8 hrs/wk)
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 5 - $31.92 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Geoff Sullivan
Contact Telephone Number: 0739009100
Contact Email: Geoff.Sullivan@bne.catholic.edu.au
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window