We are looking for an innovative, dynamic counsellor with a growth mindset, high expectations and the ability to work across school with children from both primary and secondary. GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with good facilities with a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student at the centre of our mission. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed. Therefore we adhere to our Student Vision of developing adaptable lifelong learners, active citizens, effective contributors, resilient individuals, independent enquirers and creative thinkers.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance the counselling process
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have experience working with a wide variety of emotional, social and behavioral needs in children and adolescence.
- Have a good understanding of mental health issues in childhood and adolescence.
- Post training minimum experience of 3-5 years working with children and adolescents in school counselling or mental health settings.
- Fully qualified as a School counsellor, Psychologist or Psychotherapist.
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
- Monthly clinical supervision with an external provider of the candidate’s choice.
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 31st of December 2016.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2017.
Please review the booklet: ‘Information for Applicants’ (in Attachments) prior to applying for this role.
To apply for this post please click the link below:
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).