Aldar Education is currently seeking for an outstanding School Counsellor for Al Bateen Academy commencing in Academic Year 2020 - 2021.
The School Counsellors will assist students with personal, family, educational, mental health, or career problems. The counselors will advocate for students and work with other individuals and organizations to promote the academic, career, personal, and social development of the student.
Counselors will help students evaluate their abilities, interest, talents, and personalities to develop realistic academic and career goals. Counsellors use interviews, counselling sessions, interest and aptitude assessment tests, and other methods to evaluate and advise students and social development problems or special needs.
- Help students enhance personal, social, and academic growth
- Monitor the progress of individual students
- Make contact with parents to discuss student behavior
- Take steps to prevent bullying and support victims of bullying
- Help students develop job search skills, such as resume writing and interviewing techniques
- Help students understand and deal with social, behavior, and personal problems
- Emphasize preventive and developmental counselling to provide students with life skills needed to deal with problems before they worsen and to enhance students’ personal, social, and academic growth.
- Provide special services such as conflict resolution classes, identify cases of domestic abuse and other family problems that can affect a student’s development
- 3-Years’ school counselling or other counselling experience required
- Advanced degree in related field (social work, psychology, sociology)
- Appropriate license to carry-out student counselling
- Strong interpersonal skills with both students and parents
- Demonstrable organizational skills
- Strong desire to help others and should be able to inspire respect, trust, and confidence
- Must possess high emotional and physical energy to handle the array of problems addressed.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted via the TES website.