St Joseph’s is an outstanding Catholic primary school. We wish appoint a School Counsellor to provide a professional and confidential service to students, in order to promote emotional health and wellbeing, enabling them to overcome barriers to learning.
We are looking for applicants that hold a recognized post-graduate qualification in counselling / psychotherapy, preferably at Master’s level or a minimum requirement at Diploma level. Applicants should be accredited (or working towards accreditation), registered or a member of a professional body e.g. B.A.C.P./U.K.C.P. or an equivalent. Applicants should have an understanding of a range of therapeutic disciplines.
You will have:
• vision, be forward thinking and be able to work with conflicting demands;
• the ability to be flexible with working arrangements;
• the ability to work on your own initiative to plan and evaluate, managing a varied caseload
• a strong commitment to your professional development and career management;
• an opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic and creative team;
• a working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates who can work well both individually and as part of a team to make a difference to the lives of children and help them deal with the difficulties they may face.
St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage, even if you indicate otherwise.
To apply for this post: In the first instance, please send your C.V. to: email@example.com or you can complete the support staff application forms, which are available to download from our school website www.stjosephsrc.co.uk
Saint Joseph RC Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School is a mixed Roman Catholic voluntary aided school for children aged 3-11 in Brent, London. It has around 490 pupils, 90% of which are from ethnic minorities.
St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School ha...