Part time – 1 day per week
Term time only plus 5 days to be worked in the school closure period
Portsmouth High School is seeking to recruit a part-time (1 day a week), counsellor / cognitive behavioural therapist to undertake individual and group-based interventions for girls attending our junior and senior school. These pupils require support coping with adverse life experiences or are experiencing mental health problems.
This is an opportunity to work alongside our experienced School Clinical Psychologist and well-established pastoral support team, and contribute to the development of a tiered system of pastoral support within the school.
The successful candidate will be report in to the Senior School Deputy Head and will also work closely with the School Clinical Psychologist, School Welfare Officer, Head’s of Year and staff from the Junior School.
Selection Criteria, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent and a post-graduate level counselling qualification and current accreditation with the BACP, UKCP, BABCP or BCP;
- Extensive experience (a minimum of 2 years), of offering evidence-based individual counselling or therapy with children and young people with emotional and mental health difficulties in a variety of settings.
- Understanding of the emotional, social and developmental issues facing children and young people.
- Experience of working collaboratively with other agencies.
- Experience of delivering training/workshops.
- Evidence of practice development.
- Experience of working in an education setting.
- Experience working with younger (junior school age) children.
Your application should clearly set out how you meet the Selection Criteria along with relevant clinical examples.
Candidates will be shortlisted based upon these criteria.
If you wish to make an informal enquiry about the post, please contact email@example.com
The GDST offer a generous salary and benefits package and further information can be found on the GDST website www.gdst.net/careers/why-work-for-a-gdst-school
To apply please go to www.gdst.net and click on Careers
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2020.
Portsmouth High School is part of the GDST (Girls’ Day School Trust) - the leading network of independent girls’ schools in the UK. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.