Rashid School for Boys: School Counsellor
Required for September 2018
Rashid School for Boys is a well-funded British Curriculum school for Emirati students, in the Nad Al Sheba/Meydan area of Dubai. There are currently 740 boys on role aged from 3 to 18 years. We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced school counsellor to establish a new position within the school that will provide emotional support and guidance for students throughout the school.
The School Counsellor will work closely with many people in the school including; the Support Departments, members of the school leadership team, school nurses and pastoral staff. They will be expected to develop links with parents and with providers of other support services. This will be an exciting opportunity to work with young Emirati students and have a positive impact on their education and their future.
The school is based in outstanding grounds and offers a professional, supportive and high quality working environment.
Interested applicants should apply, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The application should include:
• A CV, including the names of two referees
• A letter of application
• The ‘RSB Confidential Details Form’ included with these job details
The entry in the email ‘subject line’, should give your name and say ‘RSB School Counsellor’
Closing date is Sunday 4th March 2018.
Essential Criteria are:
• To be fully bilingual and have the ability to work with students and parents in both Arabic and English
• A commitment to inclusion in schools and pro-actively ensuring high standards of student well-being
• An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people
• Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team • A minimum of three years in a similar role
• High level skills in Safeguarding policy and practice
• Ability to offer professional development to staff and lead parent workshops
• Experience working across all age groups in a variety of settings
• Efficient coaching skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and manage own caseload
• MA in Psychology or Counselling from an institution recognised by the CDA.