Bicester Learning Academy currently has a vacancy for the position of School Counsellor. The role will be based at The Cooper School but the post holder will be expected to work flexibly across all Bicester Learning Academy sites, currently The Cooper School and Glory Farm Primary School. The purpose of the role is to provide a confidential counselling service to support students and staff in need. The post holder will work 22 hours per week for 38 weeks per year. The starting salary will Grade 10, scale point 27, currently £30,507 per annum full time equivalent. The actual salary will be £15,446.31 per annum for the hours and weeks worked. This is a fixed-term position ending on 1st November 2020 to cover a period of maternity leave.
- competitive salary;
- an excellent pension scheme;
- regular training opportunities;
- friendly and supportive colleagues;
- an energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued.
In return we are looking for a candidate with:
- at least three years’ experience of working as a counsellor with young people, preferably in a school environment;
- accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, The UK Counsel of Psychotherapy or the Member of Institute of Counselling;
- a nationally recognised Diploma in Counselling following a minimum of two years training;
- good listening and communication skills;
- excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- good computer skills.
To find out more about our academy visit www.bicesterlearningacademy.co.uk. Please contact Human Resources with any questions by telephone on (01869) 362697 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 25th November 2019, 9am
Bicester Learning Academy have the right to interview and appoint at any time throughout this recruitment process. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Bicester Learning Academy is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are included within the recruitment pack.