Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 wks/yr
Responsible to: Assistant Headteacher
Purpose of the job: To support young people aged 11-18 referred by the school, who present with emotional and psychological issues.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To attend at the school to hold counselling sessions with referred students
• To maintain a caseload and keep clinical-related records in a secure location
• To share all relevant information with the line manager
• To share all Child Protection concerns with the designated Child Protection Officer
• To take part in any group intervention sessions deemed desirable, or make necessary referrals to external agencies when indicated, working collaboratively with other agencies and healthcare professionals
• To attend multi-agency meetings, both on and off site, when necessary
• To meet on a monthly basis with a designated supervisor to discuss current caseload, gain advice and guidance and allow for reflection
• To meet with parents when required
• To have some flexibility around working hours if/when the need arise
• To be aware of and abide by relevant school policies including Child Protection, Behaviour, Special Educational Needs, Safe Working Practice for the Protection of Children and Staff in Education, Data Protection and the school's Code of Conduct
• Other duties which may become relevant to the post, or as directed by the headteacher, commensurate with the grading of the post.
• This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review.
Bellerive is a popular, successful and over-subscribed Catholic College for girls aged 11-18 with a mixed Sixth Form.
Our school is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare. The post is subject to all the relevant pre-employment checks set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education, including an enhanced DBS Certificate with a barred-list check.
To apply for this post, you MUST complete the CES Application Form, which is available for download from the school website. CVs only cannot be considered. Please email the completed application form to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 25th January 2019.