Are you ready to open a new chapter in 2021? Come and join the work of St Paul's and be a key part of our happy and successful team.
We are looking for a School Counsellor to come and join our dynamic and successful team. This is an ideal opportunity to develop in an engaging and innovative environment that will help you develop in this role. What are we looking for;
- The right person to support student wellbeing and mental health
- A BCAP registered counsellor / therapist or registration with another appropriate professional body
- Experience of counselling and working directly with young people aged 11-18
- A strong understanding of mental health issues and CAMHS services and how to work with external agencies
- Experience of working with SEND students
- A calm and reassuring nature with the capacity to work hard within our team
- The ability to lead staff professional development and work with parents and families
- The ability to engage with and work with the senior leadership team, pastoral leaders and the safeguarding team in school
- Someone with effective oral and written communication
In choosing to work at St Paul's you will become part of a supportive and highly successful staff team experienced in outreach work and a deep-rooted commitment to supporting young people in the challenges they face in modern life.
We have developed an innovative use of technology where all students work online through iPads and staff can manage workload, collaboration and communication with fantastic custom in-house designed software.
St Paul’s is an 11-18 mixed Catholic comprehensive school with a total of 1100 students on roll including 300 students in the Sixth form. The College has a strong ethos and is a vibrant Christian community. We are committed to making sure we never accept second best for the students in our care and look to give them a full experience of education that supports their academic, personal and faith development.
This is summarised in our mission statement and educational vision which is:
“To provide an innovative, inspirational and Christian education which challenges, nurtures and informs our students to enable them to take their place in a changing world.”
We are proud of all that students achieve at St Paul’s and this led to us being awarded High Performing Schools Status. Our 2019 results were:
GCSE: 82% 9-4 with English and Maths and a progress 8 score in the top 10% nationally.
A2: 60 A*-B and 88% A*-C. This is an ALPS rating of ‘excellent” over the last three years.
Over 1 in 4 students have gone on to study at Russell Group universities. This year 81% of students were offered places at their first choice university.
Essentially these results are built on a belief that we have a duty to ensure that every student achieves their potential with us. We also believe it is essential to give our students the best opportunities to develop as learners, personally and in their faith journey.
'St Paul’s is an outstanding school where all learn, thrive and succeed together.' Ofsted
We believe it is important to work hard to maintain and build on the current standards as well as looking to move forward and continue to improve at St Paul’s in every way.
Are you ready to be a part of this exciting opportunity?
We welcome candidates to visit the school at any point and to get a taste of life at St Paul's. We will interview as soon as we have a strong field of applicants. Initially this will be a fixed-term contract for one school year.
Accommodation is available on-site at the school for anybody looking to relocate.
St Paul's Catholic College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
St Paul’s Catholic College is a mixed, non-selective, Catholic secondary school with sixth form, situated in Burgess Hill, West Sussex. There are approximately 1,100 students at the school, 270 of which attend the sixth form.
We are based in the hear...