Full Time all year round
Temporary 1 Year Contract (but may be extended subject to funding)
Manchester Secondary PRU provides full time education for pupils between 11-16 who are permanently excluded, at risk of permanent exclusion or are otherwise unable to access a mainstream curriculum. Our aim is to match provision closely to the needs of individual children and young people referred to the PRU by schools, academies or the local authority. We see the needs of all our pupils as centring on their capacity to learn and make progress and seek to address the barriers to success that they face. We have provision in 9 centres across the city and commission further placements with Alternative Providers in a wide variety of settings.
All staff at the PRU are expected to be flexible about where in Manchester they are based and may be asked to work at any of our 10 centres across the city. The main base for the successful applicant will be in Chorlton in the first instance.
The school is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of School Data and SIMS Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join us as we enter the next crucial phase in the development of the PRU. The successful individual will be undertaking a key role in PRU and will be responsible for the design and implementation of reporting frameworks for our wide range of partners and stakeholders.
The person we are looking for will:
- have a high level of emotional intelligence
- be able to manage multiple complex priorities under pressure
- be able to build and maintain good relationships with pupils, parents and carers, staff, schools, youth workers and educational and safeguarding professionals
- be able to manage their own time and work to deadlines
- have experience of handling sensitive and confidential material
- understand and support the school’s policies and ethos
- have a thorough understanding of safeguarding and its application and implementation
- have excellent ICT skills
- have demonstrable experience of how developing effective Management Information Systems can improve outcomes for a school
- be able to work in a team and have a good sense of humour
Application Forms and further details can be found at TES online, or www.greaterjobs.co.uk
Closing date for applications: 9 am on Monday 26 March 2018 Interviews: w/c 16 April 2018
Completed application forms can be returned FAO, Headteacher, via her PA firstname.lastname@example.org