About the School:
Founded in 1995, ISF is a private, international school in the Frankfurt-Rhein-Main region offering a world-class education to around 850 students from 50 different nations. Our students become part of a community of learners on a state-of-the-art campus and matriculate to the finest universities in Germany and around the world.
We offer a full-day academic program for students from Kindergarten through Grade 12 with optional after school care for students in Kindergarten to Grade 6. We offer individual support and care for our students and rich extracurricular and sports programs in a stimulating, international school environment.
ISF has excellent train, motorway, and school bus connections to Frankfurt to the east and Wiesbaden to the west and is located near the popular expatriate towns and villages in the Taunus hills. Our multilingual setting offers non-German students the opportunity to learn German quickly. German native speakers are able continue with their native language through a solid German curriculum that has a standard equivalent to that of the state of Hesse. We have excellent native-speaker and foreign language English programs; French and Spanish are also offered at foreign levels; and Korean and Japanese are offered at native-speaker levels.
ISF is a member of the global SABIS® School Network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents and educates over 70,000 students. ISF is also an International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) World School. The school conducts The College Board PSAT and SAT I and II examinations and offers a full Advanced Placement (AP ) curriculum as an alternative to the IB Diploma.
The school is accredited by Accreditation International, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and the National Council of Private Schools Association (NCPSA) in the U.S. ISF is also a U.S. State Department-approved school. The ISF High School Diploma is recognized by universities throughout the U.S.
ISF is a regular member of the European Council of International Schools (ECIS) and The Council of International Schools (CIS) and is an approved Cambridge Examination Centre for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE).
Key Purpose & Responsibilities:
The School Director is responsible for setting the tone and climate of the school environment, as well as ensuring that the school is fully implementing the SABIS Educational SystemTM and running with a view to optimizing enrolment, academics, and efficiency.
- Fostering a school environment conducive to the proper and full implementation of the proprietary SABIS Educational SystemTM.
- Upholding the principles and values of the school and SABIS at all times.
- Providing direction and managing employees in the performance of their assigned tasks.
- Ensuring that the image of the school is kept to the highest standard as per SABIS requirements.
- Ensuring a professional working environment within the school through the process of trouble-shooting any concerns that arise between or among employees, parents, and students.
- Overseeing the development of performance improvement plans and initiatives, recommending changes where seen necessary, and ensuring that corrective action plans and strategic initiatives are identified and implemented accordingly.
- Overseeing the staff recruitment process in coordination with the relevant parties and SABIS management to ensure the hiring of the most competent candidates.
- Monitoring leave requests and conduct of all employees to ensure a smooth operation of the school.
- Engaging in ongoing classroom observations, conducting regular performance evaluations, and leading staff professional development to ensure quality deliverables and a smooth, effective workflow.
- Monitoring and managing all academic issues through classroom observations, meeting with Academic Quality Controllers, and analysing results using SABIS software tools in order to develop corrective action plans in ongoing support of students and teachers.
- Supervising and following up on classroom management and discipline matters.
- Ensuring that the SABIS Student Life Organization in the school is running and being managed efficiently and effectively.
- Advising students through Advising Class in order to help students understand and practice strong civic, ethical, and moral values.
- Ensuring the availability of required resources to carry out all tasks/projects.
- Developing reports when needed including, but not limited to, accreditation reports, management reports, etc.
- Possessing an in-depth understanding of the academic curriculum of each level within the school in order to be able to have open conversations with parents when an issue arises
- Having familiarity with the local norms and culture of the region.
- Overseeing the process of admitting new students to the school in coordination with the relevant parties and SABIS management to ensure successful attainment of targeted annual enrolment.
- Monitoring the absence of staff and students by checking attendance reports and ensuring adherence to the SABIS attendance expectations. Actively following up on issues related to attendance.
- Making sure that exam schedules are set according to plan.
- Monitoring internal and external exam results to ensure optimum student academic performance.
- Attending, participating in, and following up on the teacher training program in order assess the quality of new recruits into the school and system.
- Managing necessary procurement initiatives.
- Ensuring that the facilities and grounds of the school are safe, clean, and well-maintained.
- Performing such other related tasks or projects as they arise and as delegated by SABIS management.
International Baccalaureate experience is a must.
Master’s degree in education and/or equivalent
English Proficient / Fluent English Speaker / Knowledge of German is a plus.
7+ years of experience in top-most school leadership position