Scale : Scale 4, £16,877 - £18,268 TTO Actual (£20,092 - £21,748 FTE)
N.B. The school requires support from Monday to Friday, however some flexibility will be considered around start and finish times.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and committed School First Aider & Administrator to join the team at Laurus Cheadle Hulme. You will become a key member of the Laurus Trust family, and will play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Trust.
The Laurus Trust is a highly successful and growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England, with Cheadle Hulme High School (CHHS), the founder school, at its centre. Our vision is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey, 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
Please note: the school will provide and support with the relative training required for the post
- Assess the medical and welfare needs of students and staff, and administer front-line First Aid within the school.
- Assess First Aid problems presented by pupils and staff, taking appropriate action in the event of an emergency and communicating with staff and parents as necessary.
- Co-ordinate, administer and maintain Individual Health Care Plans for students with specific medical needs and ensure ongoing support is provided.
- Seek advice and support from a range of external health agencies where necessary.
- Arrange vaccination sessions for the relevant age groups of students, undertaking the necessary communications and ensuring appropriate records are completed and retained.
- Keep an up to date accident record book, including details of injuries or accidents at work.
- Keep an accurate list of all staff accredited with First Aid at Work, together with dates of expiry, and arrange training where appropriate.
- Arrange annual flu vaccinations for school staff.
- Support pupils returning to school after a period of absence.
- Liaise with partner schools in order to assess pupils’ potential medical needs prior to their attendance at the school.
- Provide confidential administrative support to the school including the preparation of documents and reports.
- Input/extract information to and from computer databases including the SIMS system.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of First Aid is desirable
- Excellent administrative skills are essential
- Defibrillator training would be beneficial
- Experience working in a school environment would be advantageous
- Sound educational background including GCSE’s in Maths and English (A*-C) or equivalent
We offer a wide range of employee benefits to all of our staff in return for their commitment to our schools, and to help contribute towards improving their well-being. These can be found in the Candidate Applicant Pack.
At the Laurus Trust, it is not just about what we do but also about how we do it. Our core behaviours detailed below provide guidance on the expectations we have of our staff. It is essential that any employee joining the Trust is able to demonstrate some or all of these behaviours on a regular/daily basis:
- Hard Working
Applying to the Laurus Trust
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time of continuous progression and growth, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about The Laurus Trust, or for further information relating to the role and the School you’re applying to, please download the Candidate Information Pack or visit https://www.laurustrust.co.uk/
Please note: an application form must be completed as CV’s will not be accepted. To complete an application form please click ‘Quick Apply’.
Disability Confident Committed
The Laurus Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities for all candidates. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we strongly encourage applications from all persons with a known disability, and we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview and given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, talents and abilities.
If you would prefer to request a manual application pack, or should you require any additional support in completing your application, please feel free to contact us on 0161 549 7000 or via e-mail at; email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 13th December 2021 at 09:00
Interview Date: Wednesday 15th December 2021
The Laurus Trust and its affiliated schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.