The Central RSA Academies Trust (CRSAAT) are seeking to appoint an ambitious School Improvement Leader to join our School Improvement Team. The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO, School Improvement Leader, Principals and senior leaders across the schools within the Trust. You will help drive improvement activity specifically within the Maths Curriculum and to ensure the best standards of education for all our students. For this post, potential is as important as experience. You will be keen to:
· model good practice in classrooms;
· coach and support specialist and non-specialist teachers;
· liaise with primary maths leaders and teachers within our trust to support curriculum development from Early Years through to post-16;
· roll your sleeves up and get stuck in where required;
· work through our RSA Academies Teaching School Alliance as a Specialist Leader in Education (or aspire to be appointed as one) to support maths teaching and learning within and beyond our Trust.
We are looking for someone who
· Has previous leadership/coaching or project experience with a successful track record of implementing strategies to drive continuous improvement in a school
· Has a successful track record of a contribution as borne out in Maths results of own and supported classes
· Has strong teaching experience with consistently good or outstanding lesson observations specifically demonstrated in maths
· Has an excellent understanding of the context in which schools work and strategies to overcome under achievement
· Has high aspirations for achievement and strives for continuous improvement
· Is an effective coach and can influence others, with a track record of doing this within own school, and possibly through supporting/coaching colleagues in other contexts
· Highly effective communication skills, oral and written, plus the confidence to present to groups of governors, staff and students
· Has effective analytical and problem solving skills
· Understands how to use school data to drive school improvements
The CRSAAT is a group of primary and secondary RSA Academies with a strong link with the RSA. Our values are social justice, creativity, community and integrity. This is an exciting time to be joining the CRSAAT as we look to expand and strengthen our leadership team and build on the successes already achieved.
Central RSA Academies Trust is based at our central office in the Assay Studios in Birmingham,although travel between Academies within the Trust, and in schools supported by our Teaching School Alliance will be required.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Mr Guy Shears (CEO of the Trust) on 0121 5561351
For further information about this post, please request an application pack from Jo Dallah, HR Assistant at email@example.com
The closing date for this post is Wednesday 18th October 2017 and completed application forms should be submitted to Jo Dallah, HR Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The CRSAAT is committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding and promoting of the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, 2 work references and other employment & qualification checks.