We are a small but expanding MAT, our motto is ‘Stronger Together’. There are currently two schools in the Trust, Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a highly successful all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational offer at Post 16, and the newly built Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, that is already making huge strides in the education arena. The schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. They are demanding yet rewarding schools where students and staff feel valued and supported.
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and creative School Librarian who is able to maintain an established library that is at the heart of learning in the school, whilst promoting and maintaining a stimulating and welcoming environment. The post holder will be expected to promote the value of reading throughout the school and encourage all students to read for pleasure. The Librarian will work alongside teaching staff to support and develop students’ academic reading and research skills and facilitate independent learning. Our aim is to foster a lifelong love of reading throughout the school community.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Good ICT knowledge (Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook).
• Knowledge of the Accelerated Reader programme
• Excellent numeracy, literacy and oracy skills, including English and Maths GCSE at grades A* to C
• Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task with good attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a team and be part of the wider life and ethos of the school
• A passion and enthusiasm for reading and books
• Understand the importance of literacy for young people
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• A competitive salary
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• An employee assistance programme
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is 18 May 2021. Interviews will be scheduled to take place week commencing 24 May 2021.
The Start date is September 2021 - Please note the successful candidate will be required to work the last two weeks of August 2021 to prepare the Library for September start.
All applicants will need to complete a Woolwich Polytechnic School Employee Application form which can be found at www.woolwichpoly.co.uk
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Woolwich Poly is located in Thamesmead, a thriving multi-cultural and diverse area in the London Borough of Greenwich, where around 65% of our students have English as an additional language; Ofsted noted our outstanding ethos and curriculum.”T...