36 hours per week
Term time plus 2 weeks
The library is an essential resource within our school. We are looking for someone with energy, vision and drive to ensure that the library remains central to pupils’ extended learning experiences at Hendon School.
Hendon is ambitious and outstanding school that has been recently identified as one of the top 100 non-selective state-funded schools in the country. Students not only achieve outstanding exam results but experience an exceptional community program. Many students have won local and national awards for their contributions to society.
We are seeking someone:
• Who should be suitably qualified with excellent ICT skills as well as fluency in speaking, reading and writing.
Who will be responsible for:
• Managing and monitoring the library and its facilities and service on a daily basis as a learning and literacy resource.
• Contributing to pupils’ learning, working in close partnership with teaching and non-teaching staff and in line with the school’s teaching and learning and literacy policies.
• Developing the library’s contribution to the whole school literacy programme.
• Organising extended learning programmes/activities to promote a love of reading for information and pleasure.
• Promoting the library and its resources both within the library and the whole school and externally, where relevant.
• Keeping up to date with new publications, selecting and ordering new stock as well as classifying, cataloguing and indexing stock for all types of media.
About the employer:
• Each person equally as an individual who is entitled to be treated with respect at all times.
• The particular abilities, needs and hopes of all our school.
• The social, ethnic and religious diversity of Hendon School.
Application forms are available from our website www.hendonschool.co.uk and once completed should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept CVs Closing date for applications is Noon on 31st October 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment PLEASE NOTE:
We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.