Contract Type: permanent, term time plus 3 weeks
36 hours per week
Scale 6 point 26-28 £26,601 - £28,158
(Actual salary 24,462 – 25,896 pro rata)
The Aspirational School for West London
Phoenix Academy is a new school under the Future Academies Trust, committed to giving young people the character, aspiration and academic success that will truly transform their lives.
We are looking for a motivated, committed and talented School Librarian to join our Academy.
The ideal candidate will be approachable, highly organised and flexible, with excellent communication and ICT skills.
Previous experience of working in a school environment is desirable.
- Manage the day to day running of the academy library
- Develop the library’s systems and structures to ensure it runs smoothly
- Create and develop a climate to promote and support reading for pleasure across the school
- Develop and maintain a range of stock to reflect the whole curriculum
- Work closely with the Intervention department in the provision and targeting of literacy interventions.
- Liaise with Heads of Departments to ensure the library supports the teaching of all subjects
- Assist teachers with provision of learning resources and other teaching & learning needs
- Ensure a high standard of display and promotional material to enhance the standard of appearance of the library in order to provide an attractive environment conducive to achieving optimum use both for purposeful study and leisure
- Coordinate events and activities such as World Book Day, author visits, exhibitions, displays and reading schemes
- Deliver library induction sessions, information retrieval workshops and promote reading in all aspects of pupils’ lives
- Manage student behaviour in the library in line with the school’s behaviour policy
- Forge and maintain links to outside agencies (National Literacy Trust, BookTrust, Give A Book, Tri-Borough Children’s Services)
We can offer you:
· Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
· Staff Wellbeing packages
· The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy staff and pupils
· Excellent CPD
· An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
To apply: please visit our website www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to download further information and an application form. Please submit your completed application form to email@example.com
Closing date: 22nd September 2017 Phoenix Academy, The Curve, London W12 0RQ
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.