SEK International School Qatar is located in the prominent West Bay, Al Farouq Street in Doha, Qatar. Our aim at SEK International Schools is to provide a high quality international education through the development of our students’ abilities to the highest level of their potential.
SEK-Qatar offers education in English from Preschool 3 to Grade 12 with access to study Spanish and Arabic as additional languages. A truly International IB World School, we have more than 55 Nationalities represented amongst our students, we are authorised to offer the PYP, MYP and Diploma Programmes and we are NEASC accredited.
We are seeking candidates for 2022-2023 academic year:
Promote the role of the library at school through its effective management, the building of a variety of resources and connections with other centers and the collaboration with teachers in the development of students’ library skills and their passion for reading and researching.
- Collaborate with staff to plan inquiry units and identify appropriate resourcing and scaffolding to support students’ research.
- Ensure the library provides high quality resources, including e-resources, that meet the reading and information needs of the school community.
- Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
- Cooperate and liaise with international agencies, support groups, school and university library networks, etc. to provide access to resources outside the school.
- Professional library qualification.
- IT knowledge and high level of 2.0 tools.
- Fluent in English.
- Double Degrees, Masters and international experience will be favorably considered.
What we offer:
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience. We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic and highly regarded IB school in Qatar which is part of the Ministry of Education’s Outstanding Schools Programme. We also offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, housing allowance, free child places and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Qatar.