School Mental Health Support Worker
ARE YOU A TEACHING ASSISTANT LOOKING FOR A POSITION WITHIN AN ALTERNATIVE SETTING?
DO YOU HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH CHILDREN OR YOUNG PEOPLE WITHIN A SCHOOL IN THE LAST 2 YEARS?
ARE YOU AVAILABLE UP TO 5 DAYS A WEEK (Monday to Friday)?
VISION FOR EDUCATION WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU …….
Salary is dependant on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is relevant experience in a school setting in the past few years working with challenging behaviours.
- Outstanding settings
- Kirklees Pupil Referral Units (Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Batley)
- Hours are between 8am – 4pm
- Term time only Monday to Friday
- £65 - £80 (per day dependant on experience)
- April 2020 start dates
- Temporary to permanent roles
- Challenging behaviours and social emotional mental health difficulties
- REFER A FRIEND OR COLLEAGUE TO WORK FOR US & YOU’LL BOTH GET REWARDED £125 *
The ideal Mental Health support worker candidate will have experience working with vulnerable children / challenging young people within a similar setting either Educational or Residential. You must be enthusiastic and have the ability to build a rapport with students, be resilient, flexible and be able to think fast on your feet to adapt to challenging situations.
Our ideal candidate must have relative experience within the last 2 years that we are able to gain professional, performance-based references from and ideally be trained in Team Teach - Vision can offer FREE training to successful candidates.
We are looking for a positive role model who is not fazed by challenging behaviours and have a good safeguarding understanding and the ability to adapt well to situations that could be quite difficult.
This Mental Health support worker position is initially through Vision for Education on a daily rate however the chance of a contract being offered after 12 weeks is highly likely for the right candidate. The desirable candidate will be prepared to complete essential training prior to starting in this setting.
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Mental Health support worker, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a passionate support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other support opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Specialist SEND team, at the Huddersfield branch on email@example.com or 01484 642928
*They must have worked a total of 30 days for us for the bonus to be received