The School Nurse will provide a clinically effective, high-quality service of nursing care to pupils and first aid care to all members of the School community.
The Health Centre is staffed on a 24/7 rota by one full-time Health Centre Manager and several part-time Nurses term-time only. This position will involve the successful candidate to be the sole practitioner at times.
• Knowledge/qualifications: professional nursing qualification – a registered nurse on the NMC register with relevant post-registration experience. Practice Nurse or School Nurse experience would be an advantage. Knowledge and experience of providing first aid and the care of young people with chronic illnesses
• Communication: clear, concise, timely and appropriate oral and written
• Sensitivity: listens well and understands other’s needs and perspectives
• Self-motivation: meets objectives on own initiative; committed to self-development; willingness to attend appropriate on-going training/updating
• Teamwork: flexible, co-operative, helpful; self-aware; collaborates well; ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Organisation: systematic; efficient; meets agreed priorities
• Response to change: investigative; adaptable; prepared
• Technical skill: good basic computer literacy (Word and Excel) and the knowledge of EMIS for patient records would be an advantage
• Physical: able to undertake all the physical requirements of the post and use equipment, according to health and safety guidelines.
Terms & Conditions
• An en-suite room is provided in the Health Centre free of charge for the use of the School Nurses whilst on sleep-over rotas.
• Meals are provided free of charge when on duty.
• The Health Centre is staffed 24 / 7 Monday to Sunday, the shift patterns are generally as follows;
7 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 7 am
7 am – 7 pm
Cover is required during term time only
Lancing College - Senior & Sixth Form
Lancing West Sussex
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 18 years
Set in 550 acres of the South Downs National Park and just ten miles from Brighton & Hove, Lancing College is a co-educational boarding & day school for pupils aged 13-18 years old.
With some 600 pupils, our vibrant school offers plenty...