Part time School nurse required to work 3 x 8 hour shifts plus 2 on calls per week, term-time only in the school’s medical centre, to start as soon as possible.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert school is a co-educational state boarding school with students ranging from the ages of 7-18. The Health Centre is an 11 bedded unit staffed by registered nurses from 7am - 9.30pm, 7 days a week with a nurse on call at night.
What we're looking for
The candidate will need to be registered with the NMC, ideally with experience of working with children, A&E/minor injuries and child mental health. Previous experience in a school is desirable, but not essential.
Pay will be on level 5/6 according to the NMC pay scales.
- Knowledge/Qualifications: Registered General Nurse with relevant experience.
- Communication: clear, concise, timely and appropriate communication.
- Sensitivity: listens well and understands others’ needs and perspectives
- Self Motivation: meets objectives on own initiative, committed to self-development.
- Teamwork: flexible, co-operative, self aware, ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Organisation: systematic, efficient, meets agreed priorities.
- Response to change: investigative, adaptable, prepared.
In this role you will be:
- Part of a team, committed to running an efficient and effective Health Centre for the school
- Entitled to a free lunch in the School's Dining room
- Able to use the School's indoor swimming pool and Fitness Centre free of charge
- Eligible to receive a 33% remission on boarding school charges
Please telephone 01737 649200 for further details or to arrange an informal visit.
To apply, please complete an application from with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Applications will be considered on receipt.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.