School Nurse - term time only
Farney Close is a mixed independent residential school for children aged 11-18 who are experiencing Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties. The school also supports pupils who experience Asperger or Tourette’s Syndrome, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Dyslexia or Moderate Speech and Language Difficulties.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified nurse to join our committed and enthusiastic staff team, where the safety and well being of our young people is paramount. The key role will be to provide medical support and advice for pupils with ongoing medical and mental health conditions, liaising with staff, social services, medical professionals, parents and carers and other agencies.
Within the role you would administer medication, carry out first aid and nursing procedures and provide some psychological support, as well as being part of the school’s Safeguarding Team.
You should be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and ideally have a Level 3 Award in Education and Training, or be willing to work towards this. Experience of SEMH, Mental Health, Autism and challenging behaviour is desirable.
Ability to work under pressure, prioritise need and meet dealings, along with a sense of humour and interest in working with our client group, is important.
As this is a new post, it is offered as a one-year contract, to be reviewed towards the end of the year.
Duties to include:
• The provision of medical support and advice for pupils with ongoing medical and mental health conditions,
• Liaison with social services, medical professionals, parents/carers and other agencies.
• Provision of health promotion for the pupils.
• Accompanying pupils to medical appointment and attend meetings relevant to pupils health needs.
• Managing children who are unwell during the school day.
• Ensuring the safe storage and administration of medications to pupils in care and education, and document the evidence of administration as approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
• Work as port of the schools Safeguarding team.
• Work closely with The Head of Care to ensure all pupils health requirements are met
• Delivery of training to staff in administering medication and other health related issues
• Record health issues and incident and be responsible for data collection and the evidencing of individual health
• Identifying ways to support individuals in addressing healthy living.
• Monitor and evaluate accident and injury records
Our school is committed to safeguarding, equality and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and good working references.
Full Time, 40 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Requirement to be flexible with hours according to pupils needs.
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment and safeguarding policy.
Job Types: Permanent Full-time – Term Time Only.
Salary: £28, 997- £31,602 (Pro-rata) Licence: Registered Nurse (RN)