The successful candidate will be flexible and proactive in their approach. The first year of employment will be at a school preparing to open. This will mean that a wide variety of tasks will fall to the post holder, especially while the school is recruiting its core staff. The chosen candidate will often be one of the first representative of the school that prospective parents and the wider public speak to; first impressions will be of utmost importance. The role requires an individual excited at being involved in the launch of this new project with the energy to make it a success.
Responsible to: Headmaster and ultimately to the GSG Directors
Our School Office Manager will:
• Assist and, on occasions, manage all admissions entries in the school’s management information system (iSAMS) and deal with all correspondence, taking a strong and proactive role in securing children’s places within the school in conjunction with the Registrar
• Analyse data relating to admissions including website activity, open days and other promotional events, dealing with all admissions correspondence in conjunction with the Registrar
• Organise and manage the 11+ examinations in January including pupil interviews and liaising with Prep and primary schools
• Manage open events and related correspondence
• Work with Group marketing staff, assisting with production of materials relating to admissions
• Assist in the management of the School’s Admissions processes, communicating our ethos to prospective pupils and parents, guiding them through the Admission procedures and maintaining information in existing Management Information Systems
• Manage the Head’s diary and mail, minuting meetings as required
• Organise and manage reception staff, allocating and keeping an oversight of duties
• Assist in reception duties as required by staff breaks and rotas
• Keep all staff and student files up to date
• Assist in the administration of new teaching staff appointments
• Oversee and manage teaching and other employee adverts and assist in preparation of interview documentation
• Work closely with the SMT to ensure that the school’s ‘Safe Recruitment’ and safeguarding policy and procedure is followed
• Liaise with the Group HR Advisor to ensure compliance with Safer Recruitment policy
• Manage the single central register for the school
• Attend and manage key elements of school functions as required by the Head
• Assist with first aid as a School First Aider
• Be responsible for ordering school office stock and managing relevant budgets; reconcile and control purchases from the school credit card and petty cash
• Ensure that annual and termly calendars are correct and published on time
• Contribute to the website appropriate information regarding uniform, calendar and other admin items
• Liaise with Senior Management Team
• Manage and administer various school systems including ParentPay for purchase of snacks and sundries and trips
• Attend and assist at school functions as required by the Head.
• Respect confidentiality at all times
• Carry out such work as required from time to time by the Headmaster or Board members
Hours of Work
Normal hours of work will be 08:30 – 17:30, Monday to Friday.
There will be some occasions when there will be a need to work later in the evenings or a need to be present during an evening or weekend function.
This is a full-time role, and not a term time only. You will be entitled to 25 days’ holiday in addition to public holidays.
To apply, please use the support staff application form on our website (www.maidavaleschool.com ) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 31st March 2020.
Maida Vale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check.