We are seeking an enthusiastic School Officer who can assist in our busy Arts Department, across the subjects of Art, Music, Drama, Dance and Media.
The successful applicant should have an interest in the Arts and have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. Previous experience in Visual Art (such as loading a kiln, using spray paints or operating a press) would be an advantage, as would a Certificate III in Education Support. This role would suit someone with a practical and hands-on approach to their work.
Some of the duties include:
- providing in-class support for teachers in managing classroom activities to ensure that all students, including those with additional or special needs receive a high-quality education in a safe and caring environment;
- organisation and maintenance of storerooms used for art supplies, costumes, props and instruments; preparation and packing up in classrooms
St Benedict’s College is a developing co-educational secondary college which opened in January 2013. In 2020 we will commence the year with in excess of 800 students. The College provides a connection to secondary education for the students of co-located St Benedict’s Catholic Primary School, other local Catholic feeder schools, as well as students from a variety of other schools in the North Lakes-Mango Hill area and wider region. We are master planned as a six stream Year 7 to Year 12 College. Our College is committed to providing high quality contemporary education in a Catholic Christian context, embracing the spirit of St Benedict. We support and encourage all students to become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens able to contribute fully to their community and the world in which they live.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing March 2020 (or later by negotiation)
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2020 school year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 2 days/wk (11 hrs/wk) - days negotiable
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 2 - $26.03 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Lea Rubio
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3385 8888
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window