CHISHOLM St Bede's Catholic College
Vacancy TypePermanent Part Time
St Bede's Catholic College is seeking a qualified and experienced person to fill the position of School Officer - Finance working 30 hours per week, 8:45am - 3:15pm Monday - Friday.
This position will include additional school support duties as required by the School Principal.
• Willingness to support the ethos of the Catholic school;
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite especially Microsoft Word;
• Typing speed of 40 wpm;
• Administration of school fee accounts including preparation, distribution, collection and debtor analysis;
• Administration of accounts payable, account reconciliations and regulatory reporting;
• Assisting with preparation of financial reports and any required accountability statements;
• Assisting in the coordination and training of other School Officers that may support the school's financial processes;
• Working with Catholic Schools Office accounting staff assisting in the implementation of Diocesan guidelines and processes to enhance financial practices;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including a pleasant phone manner;
• Willingness and capacity to work within an open design working environment;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage several tasks concurrently;
• The ability to work tolerant of an interrupted working environment;
• Ability to foster and promote positive personal relationships with all stakeholders;
• Contribute to the work team by accomplishing duties in a timely manner as required;
• Experience in SAS Finance.
• It is a requirement that you hold a current Working With Children clearance. Please record your clearance number on your application.
• Minimum of Certificate IV in Accounting / Business or equivalent.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with the NSW & ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 14 October, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Bede's Catholic College
24A Heritage Drive
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.